Well, here we all are at Pioneer park down by the Puyallup Library. Cam and I, of course (we brought the kids too). We always have to have pic of ourselves. Why wouldn't we?
The kids weren't too happy about having to take a group photo because they wanted to play :) I'm such a mean mom!
We had a pretty good time but when nap time came ... well, the park wasn't fun anymore . . . . . . for me.
We've done some other fun things this week. On Tuesday Camila and I took the kids to Northwest Trek, a Northwest animal reservation. We saw mountain goats, bison, cougars etc . . . all on a free roaming range. Well all except for the cougars and bears and other predatory animals. Cuz...well, duh. Anyway, the kids loved it. There was a tram that took us through the reservation, like on Jurassic Park but with out the people-eating dinosaurs. Thank goodness.
I also took Jaxon the other day to see "How to Train Your Dragon". Great movie. We had fun.
He's been saying some pretty funny things lately. Like for instance, yesterday we were driving around and he said, "Mom, we live on Earth". I said, "yup, we sure do".
is in space!"
" You're so smart Jaxon, it IS in space"
"...and space is reeeaally big"
"...it IS really big. Wow, you are so smart!"
"...and we live with alll the other planets"
"We sure do. Where did you learn all of this Jack-Jack?"
" ...I just did"
"Oh, well that's pretty cool, can you tell me the name of all of the other planets?
he replied, "YUP! There are bad planets, and good planets, and some good planets that can be bad.

I mean, I don't know about you, but I think he is getting a good education from watching Dora and Spongebob, wouldn't you agree?!
London is really starting to talk well lately. She says some funny things too. Like, "no Daddy! MY phone!" And, "shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes ..." Yes, in succession. Actually she more like
sings that, not so much "says" it. I told Scott the other day that I can't believe how much London loves shoes!

I mean she sleeps with them (I have a few pix I'll have to post) sometimes and allllways seems





to be wearing SOMEONE'S shoes, if not her own. I told Scott that it can only be hereditary because I love shoes and my grandma loves shoes. His reply was that it is a learned thing, not hereditary. I asked him where he got his data... He said, no, I mean she can learn not to love shoes. I was like, WHAT! Why would she want to do that?
I came home with about 5 new pairs of sandals for London the other day and Scott said to her in his best baby voice, "you look so pretty Lunny! Do you like your new shoes?" As she was walking around in a pair. Then he said, "...but don't you think this is a little excessive?" (again in his baby voice, looking only at London) Of course she scowled at him, what else could she do, she must have thought she was crazy. I just told Scott that it was better that I came home with 5 pairs of 10 dollar shoes, then one pair of $50 shoes from Nordstrom. Then HE was the one scowling.
Beckham has become so rebellious lately. Like in the picture posted here where he is turning his head with a dirty look on his face. I told him I wanted to take his picture and he folded his arms, put his nose in the air while turning his head and said, "NO".
I put him in the corner a couple of nights ago because he refused to kneel with the family for our family prayer. With him I make him put his nose in the corner because he laughs when he just has to sit there...little stinker. Anyway, so the other night, as the kids and I kneeled for prayer (Scott was on the phone), I looked over and Beckham was standing with his nose in the corner! I said, "Beck, come over and kneel down beside Mommy so we can say prayer." His responded by turning and looking at with me with a small grimace, then putting his nose back in the corner. I thought, well...I guess there is not much I can do with that one.
By the way, the pictures way above on the right are what I call "Fruit Snack Drug Trading Among Pre-schoolers". The dealer here is Owen, Camila's little boy. He's selling to Jaxon, who's addicted. This is a pretty public place so I'm sure they think it's not a problem. Hee hee! I just thought these pictures were funny, they both look so serious.
Well, things haven't been too crazy around our house lately... for a change. Scott and I made dinner for the missionaries on Wednesday, and we were able to get out to run some errands together, which was nice. We don't get out together often (except for Friday-night-date-night) because one of us is usually watching the kids at home.
I love London's little cry face :) I'm not sure what she was crying over though because I know she didn't get hurt. Someone probably stole some food from her, ha ha!:) Just kiding.
More "snack-dealing" up there on the right :) (This blogg doesn't put my captions next to the pictures...frustrating)

I think London gets her little tongue thing up there from Scott. He said he used to do that when he was a kid.





Up above London is pointing to an airplane in the sky. She says, "eh-pane". Not too far off!
You can see my little one-year-old baby girl on the right is talking to a 4 year old little girl. Notice the enormous size difference? ......... Neither did I.
That's Camila's oldest boy (with the girls) and Jaxon's best friend, Sullivan on the right.
Jaxon has sure grown up a lot. He is such a big helper when he wants to be. It's so weird that he's my baby. Okay, maybe not my youngest baby, but at least he's one of my babies. He loves pre-school and talks about how much fun he has. He tells everyone that he has three schools and then takes about 10 seconds to try and hold certain fingers down so the appropriate three fingers can stand up. This way he can show that he indeed has "three" schools. He tells everyone that he has Speech-school, Pre-school and Church-school.
Up above Beck saying "no" to my request for a picture. Little scoundrel.
So, the other day I was drinking a large diet coke from McDonald's on the way to church (yes...I broke the Sabbath...don't judge me people)and Grace asked me if I was going to bring it into the church with me. I jokingly told her yes. Then Jaxon piped up "Mom,Jesus would be really mad at you."
Lately he talks about Jesus a lot. He is constantly asking me "where's Jesus now?". It's like hearing "...can' you hear me now? Can you hear me now?" I mean, he will say it over and over...it's so funny. I just keep telling him that Jesus is right next to him but he just can't see him. Then I told him the other day, after Jaxon asked me what Jesus was doing next to him, that Jesus was watching over him to keep him safe. Suddenly Jaxon burst into tears and said, "but he didn't keep me safe from the robots in my dream!"
I think London gave up on the shoes. After all, it was a lot of work doing that little "pull up" before going down that huge slide.
I did not bring those chips London is eating. She has a nose like a bloodhound. If there is food within a 50 foot radius she will sniff it out and eat it. Even if that means eating it through the wrapper...cuz she doesn't know how to open wrappers so she just doesn't bother.
London did NOT come down the slide like that by the way. She crawled over the side of the slide. She's so silly sometimes.
This is when Beckham started to fall apart.
And this is what it looks like from a mother's perspective, looking down at her screaming child that wants to be held.
So sad...
And, we went home after this....of course. The kids screamed all the way to the car. London got out of the car when we got home and threw herself down on the driveway. She laid there until she realized that I wasn't going to pick her up. I kept going, through the mud-room door (which I kept open for her), then in through the house door. After that, she suddenly started screaming a horrific scream and came in and SLAMMED the mud room door as hard as she could. Sooooo...not something I would do. Needless to say, everyone went to down for naps after that and I have been sitting her doing this! :)
Scott and I are off to the temple tonight for date-night and Kelsey and Emmy, my nieces are babysitting the kids for the 1st time. Cross your fingers! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment