So, for easter this year we did a big huge egg hunt, in the rain. Over two hundred eggs! The babies thought it was great and Beck ran around the yard yelling . . . "I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE!". His basket was the most full out of all 5 kids! Jaxon took his time and London wanted to open each egg and eat the candy first before looking for the next one. Sooooo not something I would do.
The BIG kids (including Truman's friend, Brady) ran around the 'BIG kid side of the yard' (so as not to run over the little-one's) and hardly found any eggs! (I pride myself in my "hiding" techniques.) Although, they did find the 8 gold and silver eggs with money in them . . . of course. Brady tackled Truman for the egg with the $20 bill in it and Truman about had a fit for the rest of the night. I finally had to say, "Truman . . . who found the egg? Was it an Easter egg hunt? Do you get to keep the eggs you find? Then Brady doesn't have to split his $20!" Truman had a pretty hard time grasping the finality of that concept, but I got a kick out of it. Scott and I ended up walking around the yard with Grace to find the rest of the eggs while Truman and Brady fought over the money. :) Grace was a good sport.
The pictures below are of Sunday morning in our fancy Easter clothes. I love my family and even amidst the humor, I must say that after looking at these pictures on the computer for the first time, I definitely had some watery eyes. This is my sweet family . . . my sweet kids. I'm sure there are some lucky mothers out there, but I'm even more sure that I'm the luckiest.

We took Beckham's bottle away for the pictures . . . we only gave him one so he would be happy for the pictures . . . but . . . he took it like a man.

We hid London's bottle under her dress. Why wouldn't we?
She found it . . . Doesn't she look happy?
So . . . like idiots, we hid it again.

Under her dress . . . of course.

Then we took it away . . . while we were trying to take pictures . . . I think you know where I'm going with this.

A little drama for added measure . . .
With some heckling from the peanut gallery.


I'm sure they're discussing politics . . . or the weather . . .
Believe it or not, London was not trying to take her necklace off. She actually loved it! However, she used it as a needed substitute for the blanket she usually has handy when she throws a fit. Funny what comforts us in times of need, huh girls?

. . . like I was saying.

And for the grand-hoorah . . . we're getting there . . . give us a minute . . .
AND . . . WE MADE IT!
(dad was taking the pix . . . I'm pretty sure he liked his job)
1 comment:
Wow! Your kids are looking so grown up! Looks like it's time for another trip to Washington :)
Post a Comment